A blog dedicated to public records requests and Monterey County news.

Saturday, August 17, 2013

FOIAing the FOIAs at Naval Postgraduate School

Today we will look at one of my favorite tricks to do when I'm new to a beat: Making a public records request for all the public records requests.

It might seem silly, but you learn some amazing stuff sometimes.

In this instance, I used the information to bolster my case for an article about a backlog of Freedom of Information Act requests at the Naval Postgraduate School.

I also later made a separate request for something I saw here and will post that Monday.

Below is my FOIA request for the FOIA requests and the Navy school. I should note the Presidio of Monterey denied a similar request for its requests a few months later.


NPS FOIAs -

No comments:

Post a Comment