A blog dedicated to public records requests and Monterey County news.

Monday, September 16, 2013

Finally! Valorie Pollard's photo


As you may remember me lamenting last month, we were never able to find a photo of 2nd Lt. Valorie Pollard.

Pollard was a pilot in the Army Air Force in World War II and he remained missing until the Defense Department finally identified his remains this year.

I wrote about it on this blog after my request for records on him failed because the National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis lost them in a horrific fire in 1973.

Good news though! I was just talking to his daughter, Sandra Pollard, on the phone and she sent this image along. Sure, it is not the best, but it is still pretty cool.

I had called Sandra Pollard because Gov. Jerry Brown has ordered all Sacramento flags at half-staff in honor of Pollard today.

No comments:

Post a Comment